I’ve been trying to make special treats with holiday themes for the kids. Easter was no exception and I was lucky to find this recipe in my good friend Loren’s blog toddlejoy.com. It’s just a marshmallow cereal treat shaped as an egg. I loved how she used fruity pebbles. They are so colorful and perfect for the spring season. These treats are very simple and they look über cute!
· ¼ c butter (I used a bit more because my marshmallows were very sticky)
· 10 oz bag of marshmallows
· 5 c cereal (I used an entire small box)
1. In a large pan melt butter using medium heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
3. Pour in the cereal and mix to incorporate.
4. Spray plastic eggs with cooking spray. Use eggs that split vertically. (I didn’t have cooking spray so I just spread Crisco on them and on my hands and it worked perfectly.)
5. Wait until mixture is cool enough and spoon the cereal mixture into each half of the egg then close egg to form shape. Pop cereal out after about 10 seconds.